This is the general template Ben uses to make risotto.
0. Heat up the soup stock in a saucepan.
1. In a separate stockpot, saute the onions in olive oil until they start to turn translucent.
2. Add arborio rice to the saute, stir vigorously for 2 minutes. (This browns the rice a bit.)
3. Add the white wine, stir for a couple of minutes until the rice has mostly absorbed the wine.
4. Ladle a cup or two of the soup into the rice, stir a few minutes until rice has mostly absorbed it. Repeat this step over and over until all the soup is absorbed. (This is the long part, may take 20-30 minutes.)
5. Add all the chopped veggies at the end, stir them in. Because the risotto is so hot, the vegetables tend to cook right in the mix.
6. Add the grated cheese at the very end, mix well.
Back to Eff's Recipe Database.